Quick building question

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Wed May 7 05:41:02 AKDT 2003

Steve- Rubbing alcohol is a mixture of isopropyl and and water. Water bad.
Epoxy hate water.......Plus amines (the epoxy hardener) really do not
dissolve well in isopropyl. You are better off with methanol or denatured
alcohol which is ethanol with a nasty taste killer so you won't drink
untaxed alcohol.I do not know what epoxy you are using, but that center
reinforcement is easy without cutting the viscosity. Bring it to my house
I have lots of low viscosity resins.

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering