Engine dies after downline

Bill Carpenter bcarpenter at greenvilleisp.net
Tue May 6 18:04:54 AKDT 2003

Not long ago there was a discussion regarding an engine which died after a
downline.  I didn't pay too much attention because it didn't happen to me.
Well, since I tuned the pipe, my engine is doing EXACTLY the same thing.
How did that discussion end up - any solution?

I have a Webra 120 with Bolly pipe, using a 16X12 prop and Magnum 15% fuel.
The engine will run all day on the ground, working through the throttle
range, good idle and transition to full. RPM tweaked out at 8100.  Also, it
doesn't seem to die suddenly.  I lose power and can't get it back by moving
the throttle up and down, but the prop doesn't stop spinning until I'm on
final approach - 10 or 15 seconds after it's assumed the engine died.

Any ideas???????  Thanks
---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus ]

# discussion-request at nsrca.org