3M Mintor 170 questions

Tomanek, Wojtek tomanekw at saic-abingdon.com
Mon May 5 10:53:37 AKDT 2003

Yes you must <G>

-----Original Message-----
From: Henderson,Eric [mailto:Eric.Henderson at gartner.com]
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 2:54 PM
To: discussion at nsrca.org
Subject: RE: 3M Mintor 170 questions

-----Original Message-----
From: Henderson,Eric
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 2:52 PM
To: 'discussion at nsrca.org'
My primary reason for trying the 1.70 Mintor is to compare it with the OS
1.60. I have 6 years plus experience with the 2-c 1,40's and know what they
go like. I ran the 1.60 OS this year and last year. With this engine, FX or
FI,  I am using an APC 17 x 13 for regular weather and a 16 x 14 for the
gale-days.

The OS 1.60 has a Mueller wrap-around header and the bigger OS clone 140
pipe (Not the thin one). With no tuning, just hook up and go using
Powermaster 15/16, they turn 8,100 on the ground. I fattened them up a
little for longevity and sound. It is a big kick to go vertical from
take-off. Not very aerobatic but a blast never-the-less.

What it means in flying terms is never use full throttle unless going around
and up the bottom of an hour glass or the fig-9 with three 1/2's etc....

Soon I will know what the 1.70 Mintor can do with same weight of plane...

Now must go to work,,,

E.