3M Mintor 170 questions

Anthony Abdullah aabdu at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 5 06:14:31 AKDT 2003

Dowayne, there was one day in the year of our lord 2001 where all of the forces of nature conspired to create a very hazardous condition for airplanes at an otherwise beautiful and pilot friendly airfield in Dayton. On that freakish weekend the servo tray in the aft of my SL1 became unstuck leading to total destruction. Another gentleman who will remain nameless, had a fly away, and no less than two other planes met their untimely end. Since that day the cosmos has returned to normal and a successful and less costly (at least in terms of RC equipment) competition has been held on that very sight. I have been assured and have it on good authority that the demons have been exercised, and the pattern gods that live on busted balsa and broken dreams have been satisfied. As such I will no longer be referring to the Dayton flying field as the cursed earth, nor Harry Sloan as the CD of the damned! In an attempt to walk it like I talk it, I will be personally taking that 4 hour trip South West to beautiful Springfield to participate in the competition. Hope to see you there!Anthony

Dowayne Gould <dgould at columbus.rr.com> wrote:Cursed Earth Pattern Competition???????I plan on attending my first pattern competition at the Dayton Meet. I will be trying my hand in the Sportsman division. Is there something I should know about this meet??? :DDowayne----- Original Message ----- From: Anthony Abdullah To: discussion at nsrca.org Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 11:30 AMSubject: Re: 3M Mintor 170 questions
Mike, your my hero. I am looking forward to seeing that baby on your Oly at the end of the month at the annual Cursed Earth pattern competition (AKA Dayton).