APC props-balance

Rick Wallace rickwallace45 at hotmail.com
Sun May 4 07:16:52 AKDT 2003

Jerry --

Balancing them doesn't hurt them in any way as far as I know -- I'm
guessing the 'don't modify' warning is as much about product liability
lawsuits as anything.

I always scrape the parting lines off the leading and trailing edges of
APC's -- until the leading edge is smooth and round and the trailing
edge isn't so much like a knife blade -- to reduce the damage if/when my
finger meets one.
I like an XActo for that, but steel pipe or even the flight line barrier
support posts work as a field expedient.

That said, I've found very few APC props to be unbalanced out of the
package according to my highpoint balancer.

When I find one that needs balancing I use fine sandpaper to sand the
front surface of the heavy blade a little at a time til it's balanced.

Hope this helps.

Rick
Ama89045
NSRCA2972