Trimming Question

Larry Diamond ldiamon at kimball.com
Thu May 1 13:11:39 AKDT 2003

Dean,

Thanks for the advise...I think I'm on the right track. As for the
"spectacular horse power"...The Aresti has a real good power to weight
ratio with this set up. Plane is under 5-1/2lbs. If I pull power, the
nose will start to slowly drop at the top of the 1/2 reverse cuban 8 as
the airspeed decreases.

I got through the up/down thrust test on the trim chart and ran out of
time. Seems ok through this part of trimming. I did note that I may need
a little more right thrust as it requires right rudder after pulling to
vertical about 200ft. Didn't notice a pitching tendency. I'll check it
again and pay closer attention......

I'm new at this, so I appreciate the responses...

Thanks,

Larry K. Diamond
Program Manager, KEG

Phone:  (812) 634-4286