3M Mintor 170 questions

GW gw at gwair.com
Thu May 1 08:35:04 AKDT 2003

For those in the know regarding the 3M 170::

1: I notice the rear bearing is a double back ball bearing, I do not know what this truly means, but will Boca or the US based 3M retailers  have the replacement bearings available? Any other substitutes? Don't want to be needing a bearing in the middle of the season and be waiting for a bearing from Italy!

2. Same question as above but regarding rings? Do the retailers like BuyRC, PlanesPlus, AeroSlave, etc, have replacements in stock, or plans to?  Again, I do not want to be without use of an engine waiting on a ring or bearing from Italy!

3. Will the 170 be a drop in replacement for the OS 140? I have heard the bolt patterns are the same, but what about the position of the nose ring, exhaust,etc? Completely interchangeable with no refitting needed?

Many Thanks

GW

cc: Don Kanak, Lance at Areoslave