Carbon rods?

Ed Deaver divesplat1 at msn.com
Mon Mar 31 17:16:59 AKST 2003

Hey Bill.  I have used these on the past 3 planes, including my Oly Medal
test fighted Sun.  I use a Dave Brown  shaft about 4 inches long to attach
to the servo.  I used the dual output attachment to run the CF through.
Then, wrapped thread and thin CA around the inside of the attachment, Ca
generously on the outside of the attachment and the strength has been great.
  My Oly probably has at least 1000 flights on it without a glitch.  Attach
the attachement to the DB shaft with thin CA again, and for peace of mind,
put heat shrink aroung this end.  Used 4-40 and normal attachment meathods
for the other end, to the servo.

A ladder or series of support pieces are needed in the fuse.  On the Medal I
put one rear, one forward close tot he servo, and one in the middle, making
sure the cf cannot flex.  This is an extremely simple set up, light, and has
served me well.  The cf is flexible enough it will bend slightly as you
install the system.  I can take picts and e-mail you personally if it would
be of help.

Ed

# discussion-request at nsrca.org