Peach Pattern Classic

Ron Van Putte vanputte at nuc.net
Mon Mar 31 15:12:28 AKST 2003

Rcmaster199 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/31/2003 4:39:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> junk at velocitus.net writes:
>

>> Subj:Re: Peach Pattern Classic
>> Date:3/31/2003 4:39:46 PM Eastern Standard Time
>> From:junk at velocitus.net <mailto:junk at velocitus.net>
>> Reply-to:discussion at nsrca.org <mailto:discussion at nsrca.org>
>> To:discussion at nsrca.org <mailto:discussion at nsrca.org>
>> Sent from the Internet
>>

>> Masters...
>>
>> 8.  3736.01852 19 Ron VanPutte         10202  ....
>>
>> Ron... all I can say is "what happened?"  ;-)
>>

> Whaddaya mean????
>
> Ron kicked my butt a couple rounds, and that's ALOT OF BUTT to kick.
> Those who know me, will attest to that fact.
>
> Ron you flew superbly for at least those two.
>
> Now I got real competition near the bottom. Maybe its time to hang up
> the Masters gig. NOT!!!!!!

I think anyone who competes knows what it's like to win and to lose.
 There are few exceptions.  My consolation is that I can still beat me
of last year.  My competition is getting better.  When I think of the
difficulty of the Master class and the quality of my piloting, I can
honestly say that I could have beaten many of the pilots in the F3A
World Championships held 10 - 15 years ago.  Even so, it is sometimes
frustrating to fly as well as you've ever flown and not beat many
people.  Then I remember that I am still getting better and I feel OK
again.

BTW, it really feels good when someone like Matt Kebabjian comes up to
you at a contest and compliments you on the improvement in your flying.

Ron Van Putte