Re two batteries, or other ideas

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Mon Mar 31 12:14:26 AKST 2003

Bill,
      What is most interesting are how close, or not, the parallel readings between load testing a pack and having the system on with engine one or off.

With the engine off, a 250 load shows similar voltage. With Digital servos grumbling under control; surface weights it is closer to a .5 amp load reading. With the engine running the drop usually looks more like a 1 amp load reading.

I have the ESV that does 250 ma and I never us it. I feel much more comfortable with the digital version from I4C that has two load buttons. They give 0.5 of an amp and 1 amp. Press both the buttons together and I can load 1.5 Amps on my IMAC packs to be sure I can get a full flight with 10-plus servos..

Even though I have on-board meters I will still do external load tests of this magnitude to be sure that I don't have a battery that is faking it>

Regards,

Eric.

P.S. I have no connection what so ever with I4C - just in case you were wondering - E