fuel filter puzzle

Keith Black tkeithb at attbi.com
Wed Mar 26 22:40:12 AKST 2003

Steve, do as Lance suggested and reduce the pump pressure. I had to do exactly the same thing and it made a huge difference. Turn the pump pressure screw out 1/2 turn, then if that's not enough start incrementing by 1/4 to 1/8 until you get to the right setting.

I had to turn mine a full turn out before all was said and done. When breaking in I opened it up 3/4 turns just to get it to run without dying at low throttle. After that it began running well during most of the pattern but would die on the outside loop from the top (theory is it was flooding the engine on the downward portion of the loop). I reduced the pump pressure another 1/8 turn and now it runs great.

Keith