Pot-less servos

STEVE HOSNER sphosner at msn.com
Wed Mar 26 15:31:20 AKST 2003

Stepper motors.
Great holding power if driven correctly. Really suck up the power.
I have a few .1 degree stepper motors but they are pretty large about 3/4"
dia.
Each time the coils are energized the motor will rotate in steps. The ones I
have been working with move .1 degree with each input pulse. If geared
properly they might work fairly well. I have seen several driver chips for
the motors that might provide the basics
of control that we would need but much more external circuitry would have to
be developed.
Another drawback is cost. The ones I have used sell for about $60 or so.

Steve