question regarding header & tuned pipe

Koenig, Tom Tom.Koenig at actewagl.com.au
Tue Mar 25 14:07:46 AKST 2003

Gray,

I believe Ed once told me he sourced his resin from Morton Thiokol, but he
didn't elaborate what it actually was. I guess I can understand that. Maybe
they get it from Shell ??Unfortunately the pipe I had from him ended up a
molten blob. I should never have put it behind a screaming 140L. Now, I cant
even use it as a mantle piece ( along with my OS 120 SP <VBG>)!!!

At least he offered that much info, which I respect him for.

 Bolly flat out wouldn't tell me the resin, nor would he sell me some so
that I could attempt to repair the ES. My experience sofar is that I would
be hard pressed to try another carbon pipe behind a 4 stroke. The DZ does
seem to run considerably cooler, so it may be worth another experiment when
I have some time to burn...which probably wont be for another 20 years or so
<VBG>

In comes Mr Hattori San, which is a little heavier. But it doesn't leak or
melt, and in my opinion sound much softer.

I was told that the high temp epoxies have an extremely short shelf life (
apart from being very expensive)  Is this so?

[Koenig, Tom]