question regarding header & tuned pipe

WHIP23 at aol.com WHIP23 at aol.com
Tue Mar 25 12:18:16 AKST 2003

In a message dated 3/25/03 8:56:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
bcarpenter at greenvilleisp.net writes:

> WOW, an adjustable pipe coupled to the throttle - sounds like a million
> dollar idea.  If there isn't already a patent on it, maybe you could
> develop
> one.  Let me know when you get it perfected and I'll buy at least one.
>
> Bill

Forget the patent, the boat guys have been doing this for years, first part
of the throttle range works the throttle, then at full throttle the second
part of the throttle works the pipe "trombone" (pipe shortens as the throttle
is advanced through the last part of the range).  Remember these guys are
racing and are interested only in full throttle response, be quite a pain to
set up for pattern.

Bob