axles

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Thu Mar 6 15:54:20 AKST 2003

In a message dated 3/6/2003 11:17:55 AM Eastern Standard Time, dfs at navnet.net
writes:

> Subj:Re: axles
> Date:3/6/2003 11:17:55 AM Eastern Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:dfs at navnet.net">dfs at navnet.net</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:discussion at nsrca.org">discussion at nsrca.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> How about Du-Bro?  Are they not suitable?    Dave

Dave,

In a bind, I bought a set of DuBros to try and configure them to my
application, but the bottom line was that they are too heavy.

So I made a set using a 5/16" long piece of 1/4" aluminum tube with a 3/32"
bore, and a steel bolt. The tube is threaded to accept the bolt and is
drilled with a 5/32" drill at right angles to the threads, to be inserted in
the strut. The bolt is screwed into the tube and locks down on the strut.

It turned out to be a simple, light weight and strong solution to a pesky
problem. A hardened aluminum bolt would probably work and be lighter still,
but I have not tried it

Matt Kebabjian