Color Schemes, the good the bad and the visible

Anne & Xavier xavier.mouraux at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 5 14:22:02 AKST 2003

I would add something else on the shape. I was told by a friend once, that
the eyes see shape differences better and quicker than colour differences.
Triangular shapes on top and rectangular shapes on bottom or triangular and
round could be good. That's what I usually try to do and it works for me.
As it was said, at a distance, everything become grey. Grey, dark grey,
darker grey and light grey. If you could use a computer program like
Photoshop, create your scheme (or at least the same colour arrangement) then
turn it to greyscale. Check if you still see it. Try it from a distance from
the screen also. If it is still visible, you are on a good track.
Bob Noll also says that he always try to have half and half dark and light
on top, bottom and sides of the plane.

Xavier