Prop threads & Carb. mods.(Help Please)

Bill Carpenter bcarpenter at greenvilleisp.net
Tue Mar 4 19:16:14 AKST 2003

Crank is threaded 8mm - Tru Turn adapter is 1.25 X 8mm I think.  You can
tell if you have the latest carb mod by looking into the venturi with the
throttle wide open.  There will be more space in front (toward the threads
on the crankshaft) of the throttle bar than in back (toward the finned
head).  Also, there will be a goldish hue on the port side of the throttle
barrel, although this is visible on at least one earlier mod also.   If you
take the carb off the engine and look at the bottom of it (where the gasket
is), you should also find a machined access channel between two of the
holes.  The absolute best way to tell is that the engine won't idle worth a
hoot, or it will die if you advance the throttle from idle to high speed.

I think there were at least 3 versions of this carb.  I've always been on
the lookout for the latest version when dealing with these engines.  I wound
up with one of the second mods on an engine I bought on eBay.  I had a bunch
of trouble with it until it occurred to me that I had an "interim" carb.  I
replaced it and had no further problems.  I've never been blessed with one
of the original designs.

FYI, Bill

----------
>From: Gord Silver <gord.silver at sympatico.ca>
>To: "discussion at nsrca.org" <discussion at nsrca.org>
>Subject: Prop threads & Carb. mods.(Help Please)
>Date: Tue, Mar 4, 2003, 9:26 PM
>

> Hi Guys:
>            Anyone out there happen to know the thread, and
> shaft size on a 61 long YS two stroke?
>             And maybe, how to determine, if I have the last
> modification on the carburetor.
>                      Thanks,        Gord

> # discussion-request at nsrca.org
> #
>
> ---
> [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus ]

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus ]

# discussion-request at nsrca.org