Another Webra 1.45 AAR Data Point

RC Steve Sterling rcsteve at tcrcm.org
Sun Jun 29 16:32:24 AKDT 2003

I've been running 15% Cool Power all Synth in my Webra 1.45 (original carb)
mounted in my Focus. Information received from this discussion group helped
me tune through a rich midthrottle {lowered pump pressure 1/2 turn and
lengthened pipe an inch). Been running great through the last week (took
some days off to tune and practice).

First flight yesterday, she goes real rich on takeoff then flames out before
I can get it back around. Ground tests showed I could keep it running
through mid & full throttle only if I leaned the high end mixture to max
rpm-- why too hot.

What had changed??  I had been running it on 15% Cool Power, ran out of
that. Found some 20% Cool Power 4 stroke in the garage, and had put that in
the can. Figured it would work OK with a retune, and had done that before
the fateful takeoff. Guess that decision wasn't so good.

I found a gallon of Magnum #1. Drained the tank of the 20% 4 stroke and
refilled with the #1. Cranked it back up. Ran like a top, great transition
throughout the range. Able to richen up without problem. Flew today and it
ran great.

If the symptoms sound familiar, try something like 15% all synth or Magnum
#1.