Swallow

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Fri Jun 27 13:22:31 AKDT 2003

Tested it yesterday for the first time.  Balance was right on, as close
as I could tell, with a Y.S. 1.20, (old model.)
Straight down the runway, as it seemed to get a little light on it's
feet, I eased in a little back pressure, and it was off, straight as an
arrow.
First flight I usually don't do too much, but this was so easy, I
started the Intermediate sequence.  Great, until after a stall turn the
engine quit, (idle set too low.)
Dead stick glide very predictable, easy landing.
Flew so much like my Focus I couldn't believe it.
Had to give up after the second flight, as the combination of haze and
ozone made it just too hard to see.
This is definitely going to be a keeper.
Plus, I can get it in my van either through the side door or the aft
doors, in a fully assembled condition.  (The airplane, that is.  I am
usually found in a fully assembled condition, but not always.)
If I built it again, I'd leave the wing in a 2 piece configuration.
While it's already small, at 66 inch wingspan, the 2 piece wing would
increase the flexibility for transportation even more.  Just my opinion.

Looks like tomorrow John Ferrell may be flying it some; I'll see what he
thinks.

Bill Glaze

# discussion-request at nsrca.org