snaps/spins

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Wed Jun 25 16:20:43 AKDT 2003

It's a positive snap from upright.....

-----Original Message-----
From: discussion-request at nsrca.org
[mailto:discussion-request at nsrca.org]On Behalf Of Jon Uhler
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 5:24 PM
To: discussion at nsrca.org
Subject: re: snaps/spins

With all this talk about snaps and such I had to play around with some of the ideas while practicing last night.  I was out flying with Steve and we got to messing around with some of the ideas talked about on here.  After flying the Sportsman sequence a few times I needed a break.  So I said "Steve, what is a good thing to practice on".  He replied how about the inverted snap and 1/2 followed by 4 of a 8 point roll.....Yeah right!

So I tired it.  (I am flying a Focus with a 3M 1.40 on it for those of you who care about that kind of stuff....lol)  I noticed that the plane was getting real deep into a snap through my normal method.  Steve said try a bit of elevator before you do the other inputs.....wham! Snap and a 1/2, stop on a dime.  I can only assume that this does not allow the plane to get in so deep.

Great ideas guys!  Really works well for me.....

Now the 4 of 8 after the snap is a whole different story......

Jon

# discussion-request at nsrca.org

# discussion-request at nsrca.org