Snaps/Spins

Del Rykert drykert at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jun 25 07:16:58 AKDT 2003

Great points.!!

            Del

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dean Pappas
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 12:38 PM
  Subject: RE: Snaps/Spins

  Hi Ron,
  Your point is well taken, but the simple reality is that lots of fliers are pushing the envelope of zero-ing the snap, just to be able to do something more consistent. I forget who wrote earlier to say that (almost quote) you can't go wrong watching the best fliers at the NATs as to what is and isn't a snap, but I'm afraid that man was dead wrong (my apologies for forgetting your name, again). Many of the best fliers are the worst perpetrators. Some even vary how hard they push that envelope, based upon who is in the judges' chairs. They are good, after all! Certain of us (ahem) have a reputation for being intolerant of snaps that break first in yaw, or unstall a full 90 degrees before rotation stops, or other transgressions.
  Regards,
  Dean Pappas