IMAC/PATTERN

Dennis Cone cone.man at verizon.net
Tue Jun 24 13:01:52 AKDT 2003

Ed,
You have support here. Out here on the West coast (Washington State) the
trend and the desires by most are to keep a separation between Pattern and
IMAC. We support both but do one or the other, or both. Those pattern fliers
I know who decided to try IMAC have sold their planes and have come back to
pattern. Size and cost was an issue but also the lack of discipline and
quality judging at the contests was another. We have approx. 60 members in
our club ( www.tcrcm.org ) and of those members there are 7 pattern pilots.
No others in the club IMAC that I am aware of. Why so many doing pattern?
Perhaps because the pattern pilots are the ones who represent and do the
most for the club, our level of flight skill is higher than the average and
as such others want to fly like we do. Some are retired pattern fliers but
were once very competitive in their day. They still are very active in the
club and attend most of the meetings. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing
against IMAC but the current trend from the east coast is not what is
favored on this part of the west coast. I don't purport to speak for others,
just from my own observations.

Dennis Cone

# discussion-request at nsrca.org