Engine Bearing Air Scoops

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 16:22:46 AKDT 2003

In a message dated 6/23/2003 7:01:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
patterndude at attbi.com writes:

> Subj:Re: Engine Bearing Air Scoops
> Date:6/23/2003 7:01:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:patterndude at attbi.com">patterndude at attbi.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:discussion at nsrca.org">discussion at nsrca.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> Randy,
> Be careful of your info.  That may appear true in cooler areas, but in TExas
>
> the WEbras can't be idled long on the ground or they will over heat and die.
>
> Then it takes a long time for them to cool enough to run them.  It is common
>
> for owners to keep the engine at mid throttle while walking it out to the
> runway just to keep it cool before takeoff.  THis is not necesarily a major
> problem as long as you deal with it.

Geez Lance,

maybe my Webra doesn't know it's a webra then. Mine will idle as long as I
want in sunny FLA in the summer heat. And have flown it in "cold" weather also
(45 deg) and it does fine; I change nothing to the cooling set-up of the
engine.

It's not north TX for sure but is close to south TX