Snap rolls (long) All good points..

Del Rykert drykert at rochester.rr.com
Mon Jun 23 15:43:45 AKDT 2003

Timely and right on Earl. Granted it is one of the hardest maneuvers to judge and judges and pilots have the most controversy over. I have judged models that hadn't stalled until 30 or more degrees through their first rotation. I have always viewed this as a 2 to 3 point downgrade on this aspect alone. If I am interpreting the current rules incorrectly I would appreciate being corrected.

With our light wing loading it is very hard to get a stall without aggressive and rapid pitch change. But a judge has a real challenge trying to recognize a true stalled and snapped aircraft due to the disparities in design and wing loading, design etc.

     Del K. Rykert
     AMA - 8928
     NSRCA - 473
     Kb2joi - General