Engine Bearing Air Scoops

patterndude at attbi.com patterndude at attbi.com
Mon Jun 23 14:47:59 AKDT 2003

Some bearings seem to die a young death, others last a lot longer.  Without a
thermocouple and telemetry we can't be sure.  But I put an AeroSlave head scoop
on my plane last August when my factory OS140 bearings died after one month of
service.  The new bearings have now lasted 10 months, probably 150 flights.

I will be changing them before Nats whether they need it or not.
--Lance

# discussion-request at nsrca.org