Pipes - Plugging After Long Use - Cleaning?

Wayne Powell service at clubmanprops.com
Thu Jun 19 19:16:05 AKDT 2003

Hi Brian,

Plug the stinger end of the pipe
Get some acetone/thinners and fill the pipe about half full
Shake the acetone around in the pipe for a few minutes
plug the other end of the pipe and let sit overnight on it's side
roll the pipe 180' and let sit overnight again
Shake on last time then dump out the carbon/acetone mix

I'm not sure what carb cleaner will do to the pipe - that's pretty strong
stuff.

The way the Bolly pipe is designed uses baffles with 2mm slots cut around
the edges.  Over time these can plug if you run rich or hot and don't clean
the pipe out at least once per year.  This is mentioned in the instructions
that come with the pipe.  You'll get your 1000 RPM back once cleaned.

Please let me know how it goes.

Wayne Powell
Bolly Props North America
http://www.BollyProps.com