OS After Run Rituals

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Thu Jun 19 08:50:11 AKDT 2003

Hi Earl, Hi All,
Ball bearings have "point" contacts, which is only true until pressure squashes the metal into small patches.
More balls are good, as long as they don't shrink. Bigger balls are good (you should have seen this cat my buddy Steve owned!) and get better faster than proportionally to diameter. Roller bearings have "line" contacts and are even better.
Generally, pinging is the culprit with contact stress fatigue. How about bushings?
Dean P.