masters Cuban 8 w/ 2/4

Woodward James R Civ 412 TW/DRP/ACQ James.Woodward2 at edwards.af.mil
Wed Jun 18 11:01:42 AKDT 2003

Thanks All.  I redrew the maneuver this time starting with 45 degree lines,
then fitting the CD into the lines until it touched both edges.  The center
two loop segments are actually separated by about 1.4 x Diameter of loop.
It explains why I was making them "big", and when I tried to shorten them up
a little could not do it.

The Cuban 8 is proportionally bigger than the Double I of the Advanced
patten.  The Double I is basically two ½ loops separated by the diameter of
the ½ loop.  Sometimes, I see the advanced class making a HUGE Double I, and
some masters pilots making either small, medium, or big Cuban 8's.
Interesting.

Thanks,

Jim W.