Team Trials

David Harmon k6xyz at attbi.com
Wed Jun 18 09:15:37 AKDT 2003

I think it has a lot to do with advertising....money talks...I don't see
any Pattern product advertising in MA and I'm not sure that it would be
the place to have it.
I do see some IMAC advertisements though...at least I think that's what
it is.

MA goes to all AMA members but if everyone only reads Eric's column
every other month like I do, Pattern advertising would be a waste for
the advertiser.
I do read the Control Line column though, only because of the technical
stuff they sometimes have. There is no option to pay the AMA dues and
not get MA if you are the only member in the household, so I can't even
stop delivery of it.

The KF goes straight to the advertisers target market and gets the best
bang for the buck.

I sort of hate to admit it but I don't subscribe or buy any other
magazine.......why would I? The only other column I will read is Jim
Oddino and that gives me an excuse to stagger over
to....shudder....Hobby People, the local toy store. There are no hobby
shops as we used to know them within 60 miles of here, so I don't even
think about them any more. And if there were shops locally, they would
not handle anything I need anyway as the turnover is so slow the owner
can't make any money. I can't even buy a stick of balsa locally.

As far as coverage of major events like the recent Team Selection, I
think Bob Hunt needs to rethink his future coverage. If he is unaware of
Pattern or NSRCA events that should be covered, then the appropriate
person in NSRCA should make him aware and assist him with the details in
order to get that coverage.

Regards

Dave Harmon
NSRCA 586