Winning

Patternrules at aol.com Patternrules at aol.com
Mon Jun 16 21:24:37 AKDT 2003

 I was talking to Vern this weekend at the D4 D5 Shootout, by the way this a
great contest, and I love all the guys that show up, sometimes we get caught
up in a winning mode, but we must all be aware of what pattern is all about,
and Verne said that Dave Van Linsowe said it best the contest is you, you are
the only contestant so you are competing against your self, not someone else, I
believed this for years, the first thing that drew my attention to pattern was
the beautiful planes so sleek, all so custom 2 of the same plane but so
different, in hardware, colors, each with it's own distinct design  pattern by the
individual, and what grace these things show, these things are smoother than
soft serve ice cream, there is nothing more beautiful than a perfect slow roll
horizon to horizon, there is nothing that makes you feel better than knowing
you just done it as it should be done.
 So at your next contest say to yourself "I GOT TO BEAT ME" not anyone else
just me, you will be amazed at how much less stress you will have and how much
better feeling you will come away with and remember there is always another me
to beat.
 Life is good and Pattern is great.

 Steve Maxwell