Scoring Vs Judging

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sun Jun 15 10:14:41 AKDT 2003

In a message dated 6/11/2003 10:52:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
VicenteRC at aol.com writes:

> Subj:Re: Scoring Vs Judging
> Date:6/11/2003 10:52:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:VicenteRC at aol.com">VicenteRC at aol.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:discussion at nsrca.org">discussion at nsrca.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> Thanks Tony:
>
> I have the tape but I haven't review it since long ago.  I will review the
> tape as soon as I have chance.
>
> I agree with your snap roll description.  It is interesting to read the snap
> description in the rulebook.  The link you sent yesterday gives both pattern
> and IMAC.  My question now is: Do we need to review the rules for snaps?  In
> the description I never found that the tail has to describe a cone shape.  I
> agree 100% that a proper snap the plane should show a cone shape.  It is
> very important issue because all maneuvers with snaps have usually high
> K-factor.  If the snaps are difficult to judge then we could introduce a large margin
> error in the outcome of the contest.
>
> Vicente

Vicente,

You should review all the rules, not just the snaps, especially if you are
planning on attending the Nats. You will be asked to judge and knowing the rules
is most important when you sit the chair.

There will be a seminar again this year so you should take advantage of it,
even if you sat through it before.

Some think that the seminars are a chore to be endured. That's poor thinking.
The seminars are given to get everyone on the same line in the book, or at
least the same paragraph.

All contestants practice their patterns for weeks and months, spending
countless hours, effort and money to get the best out of their flying. To be undone
by poor judges who don't want to learn or apply the rules fairly to all, is
frustrating, and should not be acceptable to any one who attends

Matt Kebabjian
Judging Committee Member