F3A Team Trial Photos "Thursday Posted"

John Gayer jgghome at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 13 20:57:50 AKDT 2003

If you assume the monoplane had two panels with tube at 32 ounces total.
Then you assume building the two smaller wings using four servos at 12
ounces per panel including mounting or tubes, you get a one pound gain.
There's very clearly attention to lightness in Chip's fuselage. Under 8
pounds for the fuselage is certainly doable with liteply, light balsa,
carbon fiber, monokote and lithium batteries. The 1.60DZ probably
doesn't weigh much more the 1.40. I think you can beat the 12 ounces per
panel weight on the bipe wings,too. What are they? 700 square inches?

John G

# discussion-request at nsrca.org