DZ power?

David Lundström m98davlu at embassaden.liu.se
Thu Jun 12 13:18:33 AKDT 2003

I’ve read some interesting rpm figures of dz engines on the net and great words of praise such as “equally powerful as 140RX”. When I bought a DZ for this season I had pretty high expectations, however my DZ do not seem close as powerful as what I’ve read.
For instance I’ve seen these figures on the net

8600 on APC 16,5*12
8600-8800 on APC 16*12
9300 on APC 15,5*12W

After about 50 flights my DZ turns APC 16*12 @ 8000 and APC 15,5*12W @ 8500. With the venturi mounted I loose 200 rpm. I use YS soft mount, hatori header and old AAP203 muffler. Fuel is coolpower 20%. Do my values seem normal? Except from the “not as powerful as I hoped for problem” the engine is running great.

/David Lundstrom
# discussion-request at nsrca.org