Scoring Vs Judging

Chuck Czarnik CCzarnik at arclp.com
Tue Jun 10 07:57:47 AKDT 2003

Problem here is definition of a stall or break.  I remember my full
scale instructor drilling into my head years ago... "An airplane can
stall in any attitude, at any airspeed." Over and over and over...
Point he was making was dispel the notion that a stall is an elevator
induced, wings level condition.  It's not true.  Snaproll condition /
jamming the sticks / whatever can cause the lifting surfaces of the
airplane to exceed the critical angle of attack and the plane will
stall.  It has nothing to do with an elevator input by itself.

Chuck