Scoring Vs Judging

Woodward James R Civ 412 TW/DRP/ACQ James.Woodward2 at edwards.af.mil
Tue Jun 10 07:36:36 AKDT 2003

I agree with what Bob said!  The pilot side of us demands discussion on
"technique" and the "how" do we/they do this or that.  However once in the
judging chair, you cannot decide or second guess the stick movements of the
pilot.  If you see a good spin entry and rotation, it is good.  You should
not have judging thought process that goes like this, "I saw a good entry
and start of rotation, but, did he use all the elevator to get it, was there
a headwind, the last airplane floated backwards and this one was drifting
forward some, or did he force the entry with the opposite elevator?"  Same
type of issue with a snap.

Jim W.