Sustaining Knife edge?

jim ivey jivey61 at msn.com
Mon Jun 9 10:16:01 AKDT 2003

Ihncheol,
Fly the plane looking at the bottom of plane in knife edge in the same circumstances as you did looking at the top. If you have the same symptoms down wind, then your plane is probably ok, I think your problem is the fact that airspeed + wind speed is considerably different upwind than it is airspeed - wind speed downwind. In other words the rudder has help holding the plane in knife edge, upwind. You also may be a little nose heavy, which will aggravate the problem.

Jim Ivey