Desperately needed: AAP Header

Anthony Abdullah aabdu at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 7 20:59:55 AKDT 2003

While out practicing today I heard that familiar THRAAAAHH that tells you immediately that something in the exhaust system is just not right. I hoped that just the teflon coupler had broken, but it was indeed the header. I thought I had a spare, but it was on the plane. I contacted Central Hobbies and was told that they were out of stock and the company that makes them has gone out of business. The lady I spoke with did say that she expected at least one more shipment sometime next week so I back ordered two of them. Unfortunately my practice, which I desperately need, has come to a screeching halt. If anyone has an AAP wraparound header that they would be willing to part with, or knowd of another source I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. It's the one without the weld that comes with the teflon coupler. I believe it is AAP part number NMP-454. I would also be interested in headers manufactured by other companies as long as the dimensions are the same. At this point I would hang just about anything in that space.  My plane has a tight header fit and would require major surgery to accomodate a different header.

Thanks
Anthony Abdullah
(216)-382-9339