3M Fuels

Koenig, Tom Tom.Koenig at actewagl.com.au
Mon Jun 2 21:43:51 AKDT 2003

Hi all,

Just an observation I thought that you 3M users may find useful.

Some of my flying mates are using the 3M 170, the fuel choice seems to be of
vital importance.
Best results ( and by a looooooong way) have been obtained by thinning down
the Coolpower 20% Heli to 15% total nitro content. This results in an oil
content of around 16.5% ( roughly)

The instructions do mention MicroMotul oil ( also a low viscosity oil), but
due to cost and availability ( lack of) my friends have not tried this yet.
Klotz KL-198 is in the process of being tried however.

So if it wont run properly and chews plugs, give this a try. It seems to
have fixed theirs. Night and day!

Tom

*PLEASE NOTE*  This email and any attachments may
be confidential. If received in error, please delete all
copies and advise the sender. The reproduction or
dissemination of this email or its attachments is
prohibited without the consent of the sender.

WARNING RE VIRUSES:  Our computer systems sweep
outgoing email to guard against viruses, but no warranty
is given that this email or its attachments are virus free.
Before opening or using attachments, please check for
viruses.  Our liability is limited to the re-supply of any
affected attachments.

individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views of the
organisation.
# discussion-request at nsrca.org