Installing YS140L crank and ring

RUDDERCABL at aol.com RUDDERCABL at aol.com
Mon Jun 2 17:37:54 AKDT 2003

In a message dated 6/2/2003 11:24:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
gene.maurice at attbi.com writes:

> Bob,
> 1. No
> 2. Yes
> 3. As the ring contacts the chamfer cut into the crankcase tap VERY gently
> get the ring to compress. Man handling this can break the ring.

Bob

Another tip . Lubricate the ring and crankcase with Mobile 1  or castor oil.
I have had success installing the ring by applying even pressure with my
thumb while holding the case in my other hand . The lubricant helps the ring to
slide without grabbing and the chamfer in the case will compress it for you as
it slides in .

Robert Gainey