YS 140L tuning questions

David Harmon k6xyz at attbi.com
Sun Jun 1 21:32:17 AKDT 2003

Iv'e always used the 814A with the 140L....dang, perhaps I have been
using the wrong one all along....duuuhh
I doubt that TT would make an adapter that required the prop to be
reamed so I think I would call them and see what they say.
Previously, I never knew the correct TT part number and the 814A is what
Central sent out....hmmm....

Remember, the prop hub thickness must be considered too.
The APC 16x12 hub is a little over 3/4 thick.
The APC 15.5x12 hub is about 11/16 thick...

If the adaptor nut tapped face contacts the inside of the spinner bolt
hole, the cone flange MAY not be inserted into the backplate slot even
though the spinner bolt is tight.
On the other hand, if the adapter nut tapped face does NOT contact the
inside of the spinner bolt hole, the cone will distort the backplate as
the bolt is tightened.

My problems have never been the length of the engine shaft, only the
prop hub thickness and adaptor nut length.

Dave