YS 140L Help (Solved)

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Thu Jul 31 18:15:25 AKDT 2003

Larry,
I have a bunch of the e-clips you need and will be at the Lenox contest.
They are so close in size to the one's you use on 5/32" axles that using
either the English or metric versions won't matter. I've never had one come
off or break. However, you have to make certain that the rod that the rocker
arms pivot on is centered perfectly, leaving a little clearance between the
rocker arm and the E-clip on both sides. Without the clearance, the E-clip
will be constantly rotating with the rocker arm and will wear out quickly. I
always replaced them every season just to be safe. See ya in Lenox and you
can leave your wallet in your pocket. I have plenty and they're too cheap to
worry about.

Verne