YS 140L Help (Solved)

jed241 at msn.com jed241 at msn.com
Thu Jul 31 16:58:24 AKDT 2003

Good News...Found the problem...

Bad News...Unless someone has parts and can bring them to the Lenox Contest,
I will not be flying the Focus and must live with the Aresti 40 once more...

The problem was the E-Clip that holds the rocker arms on the shaft. The
exhaust side broke in about three pieces. One piece was jammed into the
valve cover holding the exhaust valve open...Walla, no compression. Engine
quit. Had compression as soon as I took the valve cover off. Took me a 1/2
hour to find all the pieces. Piston and everything else looks good.

Part needed is YS0580, E-Clip Set. I will buy them off of anyone that can
bring it to the D4 Lenox contest. If not, There is a hobby shop about 1-1/2
hours away...In the wrong direction for the contest...

Has anybody else had this happen, or am I the only one with a gremlin
disassembling the engine from the inside?

See ya,

Larry Diamond