Battery question

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 11:09:58 AKDT 2003

I'll go one further, try the Hitec 525/545 series servos with a 5 pole motors. Half the price of coreless servos. Great for performance on a budget.

Ron Van Putte <vanputte at nuc.net> wrote:

Wayne Galligan wrote:
 Wouldn't that say something for the good ole std coreless servo then.  Does one REALLY need a digital for top performance?  I have coreless on my Prophecy and digitals on the Aries.    I can knife edge all day long on the coreless just like my digital.  My Futaba coreless 9101/9202 servos center well and probably as good as my JR digitals.  So where or when do I realize the difference?

I'll probably ruffle a few feathers with what I'll write next, but that never stopped me before.  My opinion is that most pilots can't tell the difference between the performance of standard coreless servos versus digital coreless servos.  Most pilots just aren't good enough to tell the difference.  Marketeers love this situation because they can sell more expensive items to people who can't tell the difference but are too vain to admit it.

Ron Van Putte