Battery question

Adam Glatt adam.g at sasktel.net
Thu Jul 31 09:34:00 AKDT 2003

Terry, to really do this you need a charger that tells you how much it put
in, and a charger/cycler that can draw a user-selected amount down to a
user-selected voltage. I use a Triton.
Figure out how much flying time for your 361mah charge.  This will tell you
your average current draw.  Multiply that current draw by 1.25 (I'm
guesstimating that number, I don't know everything about these servos. The
idea behind this is that the 1.25 accounts for high draw times, like snaps,
instead of being an average).  This number will be the amperage you should
discharge your fully charged battery at.  Discharge it at that amperage
until the battery drops to 4.8v (or 6.0v for a 5 cell pack).  This is how
much useable battery capacity you have for your plane.  Then you can figure
out your average mah usage for a flight and figure out how many flights the
battery is good for.
You can also keep track of how many flights you had and how much it put in
to get a more accurate idea for your draw per flight.

The i4c is a very valuable product.  Between a Triton (or charger with
similar capabilities) and an i4c you will know everything about your plane's
electrical system.