Battery question

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 06:26:31 AKDT 2003

One thing to keep in mind is "flight" can mean different things to different people. To some, a flight is two times through the masters sequence with a some additional work on a manuever or two. To someone else (like me) a flight is once through the Advanced sequence with work on a couple of manuvers. My typical consumption is 100mAH per flight, which is a valid number only for me flying my airplane, with all equipment functioning properly. With a 1650mAH NiMH pack I am comfortable flying 8 times, roughly half of the pack's capacity. I measure the voltage between flights to gaurd against some unknown such as a binding servo suddenly drawing more current.  I recommend you calculate your own "per flight battery consumption" and not rely on other's observations.

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com