-Pattern IMAC combined - organizational unity.

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Thu Jul 31 05:31:27 AKDT 2003

I got to judge Unlimited and the FAI in the space of a few days. Both are smooth and both are very hard to do well. The 10 degree rule kept me on my mathematical toes because the 15 degree rule was sort of automatic in my head.

What I saw was that he scale maneuvers were more compound and thus you lost more points on a turnaround than we lose on a difficult center maneuver.

Now for a risky political statement.

I don't believe in mixing the classes but I do believe in having one organization for RC Aerobatics that has SPA, IMAC and NSRCA as sub-groups. It would solve so many things without detracting from their individuality. I know how it broke up before and why and who the players and egos were. By keeping them intact but coordinated we would have a much better form of representation to the AMA and the outside world.

By not being in office I am relieved of the pressure of "Keeping everyone happy" or dealing with dissent based on resistance to change from conservative headsets. I am not, however trying to make any of you unhappy, far from it, but I do see a MASSIVE need for all segments to grow or perish.

Regards,

Eric