YS 140L Help

jed241 at msn.com jed241 at msn.com
Wed Jul 30 18:45:58 AKDT 2003

I have a 140L in a Focus. Has been flying very well and very strong, with never a problem. I have about 10 flights on this barely used engine and I flame out in a very uncomfortable attitude. Vertical climb flamed out at about 25% of the vertical in a stall turn. I was settled at 3/4 throttle, never need full throttle flying Sportsman with this plane.

Although at the down wind part of the field and pointed the wrong direction when the engine quit (straight up), I was able to drag her all the way in and still managed to make it a very hot landing <vbg>.

Anyway, What kind of things would cause a very strong running motor to just quit? If anything it was a tad bit to the rich side with a exhaust trail.

Fuel is WildCat 15% Nitro 18% Synth (no castor).

Pretty vague question I know, just curious what this typically ends up being. I was planning on taking it to a contest this weekend.

See ya,

Larry