re NEW concept? for pattern entry.

Mike Mueller mmueller at triangleprinters.com
Tue Jul 29 11:40:32 AKDT 2003

 Jon, your thoughts might be one of the real keys to the problems. I too
have read and heard more than once that the pattern guys don't do a good
enough job of making new participants feel welcome. The problem with this
perception is that people hear it and start to beleive it! I would say that
everyone involved should take Jon's words to heart. Think about how you
might want to treat newer guys. Do something extra and out of the way to
make them feel wanted. It's this grass roots genuine treatment that gets one
to want to be a part. Clicks in pattern can be very strong also and these
actions turn people off.
                                                            Mike