NEW concept? for pattern entry.

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 29 05:06:39 AKDT 2003

I am probably the guilty party for suggesting that we score the turnarounds in Intermediate. I felt (feel) that it is a missed opportunity to judge a maneuver, or unscored flying. Without those maneuvers, you lose about 1/4 of the scores.

Also, it helps to bridge the gap between Intermediate and Advanced classes. It used to be a bigger step! If it seems to be too much pressure, how about a compromise to K1's for turnarounds in Intermediate?

A 75 degree box inside the 150 meter poles would help too. Take offs and landings are already "outside the box" and are scored maneuvers.

BTW, the more I think about landings = k4, the more sense it makes....

John Ferrell
6241 Phillippi Rd
Julian NC 27283
Phone: (336)685-9606