NEW concept? for pattern entry.

GeorgeF. av8tor at flash.net
Mon Jul 28 15:03:38 AKDT 2003

At 01:11 PM 7/28/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>Gray,
>
>I agree with you. If we are trying to bring back the old pattern fliers
>then we are going about this the wrong way. I know lots of those super
>folks and they said the reason they do not fly pattern now is not because
>they do not like the current patterns but do not have the reflexes they
>once had. I know I will be there some day. They still are interested and
>come to the events but have no interest anymore in competing. I agree that
>focusing on new and unused talent is the way to go. They are out there and
>we just need to find them. The 70 s style of pattern was abandoned, why do
>we want to bring it back? I have no interest in trading my new truck for a
>Model T.

I don't think anyone (including me) said anything about bringing back 70's,
80's, or even 90's style pattern in the to current AMA events.   My only
reference to older pattern (90's) was in how classes were organized and
which were turnaround, semi-turnaround, and no turnaround.....   That's ALL
my reference to past Pattern meant.  I think Gary may have misinterpreted
my earlier email regarding Novice, Sportsman, Advanced, Expert, Masters and
FAI (names which actually made sense).

George
http://www.AuctionWholesaler.com

# discussion-request at nsrca.org